Looking for a fun activity during the chilly weather?
These beautiful frozen suncatchers are simple to make, and come together with just a few home tools & natural treasures from your yard or woods. Try adding birdseed and see who flies in for a treat!
What You’ll Need:
- Container to freeze your suncatcher in (aluminum pie plate, plastic food storage container, etc)
- Nature treasures (twigs, leaves, pinecones, berries, flowers, seeds)
- Twine, yarn, or ribbon (to hang your suncatcher)
- Freezer space or freezing temperatures
What To Do:
- Collect your nature treasures, and arrange them in the bottom of your container.
- Fill with water about an inch deep; you may need to rearrange your items if they shifted around!
- Place a length of your twine into the water, leaving enough out to hang your suncatcher*
- Leave your container outside overnight, or pop it into the freezer if it’s not cold enough.
- Once the disk is frozen, pry your ice ornament out of the container, and hang in a spot where you can enjoy it sparkling in the sun!
- *You can also use a drill to make hanging holes (not too close to the edge!) once the disk is frozen
Scroll for more ideas!